After you join illumy, you’re going to want to start building your contacts list. After all, you did sign up so you can communicate with people, right? 🙂 Adding contacts is straightforward—just a few quick steps, and you’re on your way to connecting without all the ads and noise so common on other platforms.
finding illumy members
in a web browser
- Using a supported browser, log in to illumy.
- In the left panel, you’ll see the contacts you’ve already added, as well as your own name.
- Click the search icon (magnifying glass) that’s at the top left of the window.
- In the field, start typing the name of the person you’d like to connect with. As you type, options that match your text string will pop up.
- You can choose from the pop-up options, or if you’d like to see all the options, hit “Enter” or “Return” when you’re done typing.
- A list of search results display that may include the text of messages, file names, and current or potential contacts.
- If the results do include more than people, you can filter the search parameters by clicking the Contacts tab just above the search results.
- Select the name of the person you want to add.
- They will receive a notification that you want to connect, and they can accept or dismiss it. But you’re too awesome to worry about how many friends you have!
in the mobile app (coming soon)
Right now, this feature is only available in the web browser. But it’s going to be in the mobile apps very soon.
manually adding contacts
You may find yourself wanting to add a non-illumy member to Contacts, so you have everyone’s info in one place. It’s really easy to do.
in the browser
- Click the Apps icon in the upper left (nine squares).
- Click on the Contacts icon.
- At the top of the left panel, jus under your avatar and name, there’s a “New Contact” icon. Click it.
- A new screen appears in the middle panel. Enter your contact’s information.
- When you’re done, just resume your normal activities on illumy (it saves automatically).
in the mobile app
- At the bottom of the screen, tap “Contacts” (the middle icon).
- Tap icon that is a silhouette of a person with a plus symbol (+) in the uppermost right of the app screen.
- Enter the information in the fields.
- When you’re done, tap “Save” in the upper right of the window.