Chat using voice and video from home or while traveling overseas on your computer. On the move? Enjoy wi-fi calling as well as calls over mobile data or a mobile hotspot.
you just need an internet connection
You can make calls directly from your internet-connected computer in your browser window—no new app downloads required.
calling friends and family is easy
- Set up an illumy account in seconds.
- Send an illumy invitation to the person you want to call.
- They accept your invitation and sign up.
- Click on their name in the illumy app.
- Click on the phone or camera icon to place your free call.
complete calling functionality
enjoy peace of mind with secure conversations
illumy protects your communications with enterprise-grade security and end-to-end encryption.
switch between voice, video, and text—on the fly
Sometimes a single conversation requires text, gifs, voice, and video. Enjoy the freedom to communicate the way you want, when you want, all within the same conversation.
illumy is a complete persistent communications platform that combines voice and video calling with messaging, email, and group chat.
You can make illumy calls to any other illumy user, as long as you’re both connected to the internet.
Your internet connection will affect the quality of your call just as it affects all your other online activities.
- If you’re on wi-fi, be close enough to your router to ensure a strong connection.
- If you’re using cellular data, make sure you have strong enough cellular reception for 4G data speeds.
- Reduce the number of active apps that use bandwidth during your calls so you have the most bandwidth possible for your call.
- Make sure you have enough bandwidth to run multiple applications on your network.